Saturday, April 18, 2009

Welcome

Welcome, welcome...  

I've been exploring a variety of tools lately, partly as a forum to post the poetry that has been bubbling up from somewhere inside, partly to connect with old friends. Emails, facebook, iCal, twitter, and the old-fashioned phone are options.  I don't get Twitter (well, maybe I get it exactly, and it just isn't gonna work for what I need).  

What do I need?  Good question. 

I want a place where I can tell friends and family when I'm going out of town. Especially when I'm going out of town for a hike or camping trip. I figure it would be good if someone knew where I was going and when to expect me back. In case. 

Facebook, emails, even iCal could do that in a variety of clunky ways. Facebook not so much, because I am cautious of my kids' privacy, and the only way they can see my facebook is to be my "friend" which then exposes their pages to me. 

Emails work. But I wanted something a little fancier.

iCal is good, but I keep 5 different calendars and I can't imagine even my closest friends would want to subscribe to that much insanity.

Twitter -- well, as a friend said, "Twitter is for Twits."

So, I shall blog. Even though the same friend who disdains Twits is also un-fond of blogs...

No comments: