Sunday, April 19, 2009

ABCs of me

A friend sent one of those "getting to know you" queries -- the 26 letters of the alphabet, each with a specific detail one is supposed to supply. A = Age, B = Bed, C= Chore you hate... like that. 

My ABCs came out - well - outside the box... After I wrote this, I figured out what I was supposed to have done, and I did one of those too.  

ABCs of me

Almost free,
but for the 
chains of love
designed to 
envelope 
forever that which is 
Good and
Hopeful
in my 
jumbled
Kafkaesque
life,
my heart is
newly
opened,
praising the 
quintessential
raw 
spirit which had been
trapped,
unseen, under-
valued (by me). Now
wakened, I know that
Xanadu lives inside me,
yearning to leap out in a 
zany dance celebration of Life and Love.
(I have let it out of its box.)

No comments: