Monday, April 29, 2013

I've decided...


Well, I haven't heard from UO Law yet about my application, but I've decided to attend Willamette. 

I've spent some time playing on Excel (doesn't everyone plan their life in Excel?), and Willamette just makes sense. An American Bar Association rule limits work for full time law students to 20 hours or less per week. Though I am leaving my UO job on June 15, I will continue to work with the Alaska Alternate Assessment for kids with severe cognitive delays. And even though the Alaska work is "part time," it is often more than 20 hours per week. So I need to attend a part time Law program. And the UO does not offer a part time Law program.

And realistically, a part time program makes sense for me. I am 52. I haven't sat in classes for 7 years. And I knocked my brains loose in March 2010, leaving some broken wiring that I am still trying to reroute. So I'll take four years to finish rather than three. I'm not in any rush.

No comments: