Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Balancing and Focusing

I'm well into my second year as an independent, professional, single woman. My goal has been to develop balance and peace in my life... balancing work with family and friends and hobbies, and making the time to meditate twice a day (usually). At a minimum, I plan to never have shingles again. More broadly, though, I aim to have the time to make time -- so that I am not constantly multi-tasking, and when I am speaking with important people in my life, it is obvious that I am speaking with a person who is important to me.

What does that look like? It means I'm not typing while holding a conversation. It means I am present –
here – and connected.

I think that is making a difference in my relationships with friends and family.

Of course I am not at 100% efficacy in this new plan, yet. But that is what I am working on (sort of a New Year's resolution...)

And of course, as in every year, I am working to improve my handwriting.

No comments: