Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving III


My new Tradition, which I invented this year, is to treat Thanksgiving like other favorite Jewish Holidays. Sukkot, Pesach (Passover), Hanukah, Rosh HaShannah all have several key components in common: Family and friends, food, and multiple nights for several celebrations. Passover, a seven-day holiday, is often referred to as Pesach I, Pesach II, Pesach III, etc. It is perfectly legitimate to attend a Passover Seder on one night with a friend, and host your own on another night.

I like that. Spreading the holiday over many nights and across many Venn Diagram Circles of Friends.

Thus, we held Thanksgiving III on Saturday, after joining extended family for Thanksgiving I in Seattle.

I plan to always hold Thanksgiving III on the Saturday following Thanksgiving I at Hopeful Farms. Mark your calendars now. You are all invited.

Kim

No comments: